Apr 19, 2017
With our Marketing Plan Component Worksheet, writing your marketing plan can be straightforward and clear. By following our worksheet, you’ll include the important components of a marketing plan and create a detailed, well-written marketing plan. Your entered answers will create a marketing plan outline at the bottom of this post!
Executive SummaryAfter you have filled of the worksheet, write a quick summary of your plan here.
- Share a quick summary of your brand or business’s current standing in the market.
- What aspects are included in this marketing plan?
- What weaknesses or new opportunities for growth will you focus on in this marketing plan?
- What is your marketing strategy in simple, summarized terms?
- What is the purpose of your business overall?
- What makes your business/services/brand stand out against your competition?
- In essence, why is your business needed in the market?
Past Marketing Performance
- What has your marketing objective or goals been leading up to now? How well has that objective performed?
Market ResearchWhat data have you gathered that led to this marketing strategy?
- Describe your customer demographics, needs, purchase behavior, awareness of your brand, etc.
- Describe the market environment.
- What economic factors are affecting buying behavior? (e.g. a recession or high taxes on your product)
- What sociocultural factors are affecting buying behavior? (e.g. convenience over quality becoming more necessary in a fast-paced world having an effect on your product)
- What political factors are having an influence? (e.g. Could presidential campaigns somehow affect your brand or business?)
- What are the technological factors in the market that could affect your business? (e.g. a highly digitized world means you have to get your business into the mobile market)
- How successful is your market specialty in general? Are your competitors doing well, or are all businesses in your niche struggling?
- What products or services are so popular for customers that you must be aware of it? (e.g. you would want to know that Amazon has become a popular buying site)
- Based on your research, what segment(s) have you selected to target for your marketing?
- Why is this a segment in which you can be and want to be successful?
- In a few concise sentences, how would you describe this target market?
- Highlight both demographics and psychographics in describing why your brand would succeed with this target market.
- If your business is focusing on or releasing a specific product or service, summarize its benefits and any unique characteristics that will make it stand out in the market.
- Why is this product desirable for the market beyond what you already have?
- First, outline a SWOT Analysis for your own business or product.
- What STRENGTHS does your business currently possess? How can you highlight these?
- What WEAKNESSES does your business struggle with in comparison to your competitors? How can you mitigate these?
- What OPPORTUNITIES are available to your business for increased business growth? Where do you have room to build your business?
- What THREATS exist for your business? Are there environmental factors or competition that is threatening to your brand’s success?
- Next, identify a few of your main competitors.
- What strengths do these competitors have over you? How can you close the gap between you and them?
- What weaknesses do your competitors have in comparison to your brand? How can you highlight your strengths?
- Give a general outline of each competitor, why people buy their brand or service over yours, what niches they excel in, and how you compare.
- What practices, promotions, or strategies have been successful for your competitors? Are there opportunities to use similar actions for your brand?
- In one sentence, what measurable goal are you hoping to achieve through your marketing?
- How will you be able to measure your success for this objective?
- Why have you selected these objectives?
- After all of your research, planning, and detail-digging, what strategy will your marketing be built on? This should demonstrate how your plan will achieve your market objectives for your specific target market.
- If you selected multiple segments to target, how will your strategy vary across different segments?
- How do you plan to price your product or service?
- How do you plan to position it for the target market?
- What promotions will be used alongside your product or service?
- What is your timeline for your marketing?
- By what date do you want to achieve your marketing objective?
- How long should this marketing plan span?
- What budget will you assign to your marketing?
Past Marketing Performance
Copy your marketing template created to use for your business! And for even better marketing plan help, come to Savavo.